Ten Tips for Leaders in Tough Times
By Kathy Miller on June 26th, 2013
As I have work ed with leaders who are challenged daily with the problems of these tough times, I have learned some tips for surviving and thriving:
1. Connect with those who care about you from the present and the past.
2. Engage in activities that help you control your anxiety about the future.
3. Don’t get hooked by the small stuff .(Many are prone to volatility when under stress).
4. Take the time each day to engage in at least one task or activity about which you are passionate.
5. Several times a day ask yourself “what is the most important thing I can do now for the company?”
6. Several times a day ask yourself, “what is the most important thing I can do now for me?”
7. When faced with difficult challenges, reconnect with your core values to guide your decisions.
8. Find joy every day in some part of your life and experience it fully.
9. Recognize that leadership is stressful and that only the resilient survive.
10. Lead with strength and compassion. Others are emulating you.
Tool Kits developed by Miller Consultants on Leadership and Effective Management.Click to learn more
- Thinking About Teams
- The Holidays: Your Opportunity to Boost Employee Engagement
- Courageous Collaboration: An Indispensable Tool for Sustainability
- Miller Consultants is DBE Certified
- Communicating Knowledge
- Case Studies
- Related Resources
- What's New
- White Papers
- career development
- customer service
- Developing Leaders
- email etiquette
- employee engagement
- Instructional Design & Learning
- personal change
- planning projects
- project management
- Sustainability Consulting
- training class
- training classes
- Transformational Change & Innovation