Taking Charge of Your Career
How to Own it and Get What You Want From Your Work
Half – Day Classroom Learning for All Employees
All of us are responsible for our own careers. Our managers can assist us and support us but ultimately our careers are up to each of us.
The purpose of this course is to help participants clarify what they really want from their careers beyond merely a promotion. Participants learn a fresh approach to how to think about their career goals. They identify ways in which they can grow in their current jobs. In addition, they complete a strategy and a learning plan that they can discuss with their managers and begin implementing immediately.
- Clarifying what matters most in our work
- How to ask for what we want beyond merely requesting a promotion
- Identifying the strengths that we bring to the job as well as our blind spots
- How to learn what we need to know to achieve our career goals
- Designing a career and learning strategy and plan
- How to discuss the plan with their managers and others who can help them implement it